This is a sales position. The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) promotes and sells Data Recognition Corporation assessment product and services (pre-K through adult) via telephone, email contact, and through web-based presentation tools. The ISR is assigned a defined set of states (territory) and works independently in order to achieve a sales quota established for that territory. Sales functions include, but are not limited to: prospecting, qualify leads, convert and close opportunities, and give presentations to customers. The ISR is an hourly position and works from our Minnesota based office. Occasional travel required to attend national and regional sales meetings as needed. Travel is minimal for this position.
Essential Skills Needed for Success
- Self-starter, ability to design work plan necessary to achieve established goals with minimal daily supervision.
- Design and then implement a territory management strategy including, but not limited to the following: warm calls into current accounts, cold calls into target accounts, inbound lead management, customer presentations (via web), and identifying marketing campaigns.
- Consistently meet or exceed assigned quota.
- Manage & grow existing accounts.
- Prospect and develop new accounts.
- Produce qualified leads from outbound cold calling.
- Efficiently and effectively follow-up with and manage all leads and opportunities (phone, web, referral, self-generated, etc.)
- Proactively close converted opportunities by keeping the sales process moving forward.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and appropriate company departments such as customer service, technical support, finance/accounting, and other professional services.
- Identify and resolve client concerns
- Build relationships with key contacts at the district, school, and/or organizational levels.
- Work with internal experts (product directors, field sales, sales management, and marketing) to develop sales and marketing strategies relevant to assigned states
- Partner with direct management and other ISRs to assist in resolving complex customer situations or customer complaints.
- Collaborate with direct leadership and assigned field sales representatives in developing, producing and delivering territory-based marketing plans and activities designed to maintain the current customer base and secure new business.
- Provide market intelligence and information about trends in the assigned territories.
- Document and maintain accurate account information and all interactions with customers and prospects in CRM database – Salesforce.com.
- Prepare a variety of status and opportunity reports and forecasts.
- Participate and assist with sales meetings and executive briefings.
- Maintain and enhance working knowledge of product functionality, enhancements, updates, and availability in order to communicate technical information and perform effective product demonstrations.
- Maintain working knowledge of the changing market conditions including, but not limited to: legislative and political climate at the federal and state level (within assigned territory), economic conditions (funding sources), trends, competitors, & events.
- Utilize available resources to acquire and develop technology and digital skills and written and oral communications to increase levels of efficiency and effectiveness.