Test Development Specialists for a given content area or type of test or assessment ancillary develop and deliver on time assigned content-area test items and/or assessment ancillaries. Test Development Specialists also support all steps in the development of shelf and/or statewide testing programs, including the development of item specifications, test blueprints, etc. They also support the development of shelf and/or statewide testing programs by facilitating committee reviews, including bias reviews, item-data reviews, standard-settings, and alignment studies. They work directly with Senior Test Development Specialists and Directors of Test Development to help plan and organize the flow of work for assigned assessment items or sections of projects. As needed, they assign tasks to support staff, including freelance contractors, temporaries, item writers, item-development coordinators, and/or other project team members. They may also work directly with their content-area counterparts in state departments of education, including building strong supportive relationship with state-department counterparts.
This position requires strong grammar and mechanics skills and 3 to 5 years of teaching English at the Middle School/High School level.
- Works directly with Senior Test Development Specialists, Project Leads, and Directors to deliver on time all assigned items, tests, and/or other assigned step in the item and test development process, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Developing domain-specific specifications and domain-specific test blueprints
- Developing domain-specific item specifications and art specifications, as required
- Developing domain-specific style guides
- Developing domain-specific item writer training manuals, including bias and universal design manuals
- Facilitating item writer workshops for a given domain or assigned project
- Writing, reviewing, revising, and editing items for a given domain and/or assigned project
- Developing scoring guidelines and rubrics for constructed-response and performance assessments and supporting range-finding activities for a given domain or assigned project
- Developing forms (including all steps in the forms construction process for pilot, field test, and operational) for a given domain and/or assigned test
- Supporting the development of test ancillaries for a given domain (test directions, practice tests, etc.)
- Provide support for the final review process for assigned items and/or other items and tests, including ancillaries
- Provide support for the final sign-off of printers’ proofs and/or other steps requiring test development sign-off, including directory of test specifications as needed for a given domain or assigned project
- As needed, provide support for the facilitation of state and/or product committee reviews, including content item and bias reviews, alignment studies, and standard-settings
- Other duties as assigned
- This is an on-site position located in Plymouth, MN.