- Thorough understanding of assessment results and their impact on instruction.
- Knowledge of the education market as it relates to standards, assessments, and other current trends in education.
- Experience assisting districts in understanding student achievement.
- Proficient with education technology and demonstrating testing tools and engines.
- Familiarity with various perspectives of on-line testing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning and forecasting sales activity.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering stand up and or virtual presentations utilizing full suite of available technology to support messaging.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and electronically, to transmit information accurately and clearly and to pro-actively seek feedback while remaining sensitive to customer needs.
- Advanced proficiency in persuading and influencing customers to make a purchase.
- Advanced proficiency in developing and retaining strong virtual working relationships with Customers, Partners & Employees
- Advanced proficiency in using technology and associated software tools – MS Office Suite; web based presentation tools; sales contact management systems – i.e., SalesForce.com
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision is essential.
- Superior proficiency in time management and organizational discipline.
- Advanced written and creative layout/graphical skills required to produce marketing campaign collateral.
- Superior proficiency in creating effective solutions to problem solving to achieve customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years successful sales in the education industry and/or assessment products experience required.
- Ability to travel at least 75% of the time.
- Report to work promptly when scheduled
- Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Set and meet deadlines
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
- Other duties as needed
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
- Ability to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hour periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer monitor, utilize a keyboard and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds as necessary
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
DRC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Company M/F/V/D